KENWOOD KFC-PS3017W 12″ SUBWOOFER
- 300mm Polypropylene Cone (PP Cone)
- 400 Rated/RMS Input Power
- High-ridged Two-piece Diaphragm for solid bass
- X-motif cap Technology for resonance control
- Single, multi-layered, voice coil.
- Aluminium bobbin for better thermal conductivity
- Airflow control for optimal heat radiation
- Stress controlled spider
- Push-terminals for easy connection
- Sealed/Ported installation capability
The Kenwood KFC-PS3017W 12″ Subwoofer has a robust thermal management system, implemented with an Aluminum Bobbin, Closed Yoke Design, and Advanced Airflow Control. The X-Motif Cap (Injection Molded Polypropylene) controls resonance frequency and cut away unnecessary high-frequency sound to deliver powerful, solid bass.
X-Motif Cap & Diamon array cone
- The X-motif cap, made of Injection-Molded Polypropylene, controls resonance frequency and cut away unnecessary high-frequency sound to deliver powerful, solid bass. Diamond shapes are etched all the way to the speaker edge, helping to reduce surface waves on the speaker diaphragm, decrease vibration, and suppress distortion. The diamond array pattern also provides additional rigidity to the speaker to improve voice coil response for dynamic and clean audio reproduction.
Heat-Resistant Aluminum Voice Coil Bobbin.
- Most common subwoofer failure factor is Voice Coil Burnout. By using heat-resistant aluminium voice-coil bobbin with higher thermal conductivity, heat is easily transferred to the iron parts. This will increase the durability of the voice coil.
Newly-Designed Airflow Control
- The air is pushed by the cap, the voice-coil is cooled when air passes through the gap.
Closed Yoke Design
- The closed yoke realizes larger magnetic circuit to increase heat radiation, the more metal the better the heat radiation.
- Redesigned shape to equalize the stress to increase mechanical durability.